- The downhill stretch has finally come upon us. As of the time of this writing, we are 2 weeks, and 4 days out from the end of the 2016-2017 school year. Things at FACS are beginning to wrap up. We have senior exams May 15-18, Awards Day on May 17th (in which I get to present two awards), graduation on May 20 (where I get to play the ORGAN!), and regular final exams the following week. In just a few short weeks, we will be over the rainbow. Praise.
- Due to most of the 8th grade class taking a trip to Washington D.C. last week, I only had about a quarter of the number of 8th graders in class that I normally have. We took things pretty easy for the week. However, they are under pressure now to finish up and polish their final projects that are due the week of exams. I have a feeling that today will be a major wake-up call for them.
- It’s always a joy to catch up with my college friend, Trevor. He’s been traveling to Southaven on Monday nights for NOBTS classes, and occasionally stops in Memphis on his way back so he and I can catch up on life. Trevor is one of my best (and funniest) friends and I’ve really enjoyed the times we’ve gotten to get together this semester.
- Saturday was a wonderful day for Becca, Reagan, and me. It’s the first time we’ve had a Saturday to ourselves in weeks and we were going to enjoy it. We spent our fair share of time being lazy and productive all in the same day. It gave us a glimpse of what summer days may be like when we are home together for several days at a time.
- I spent the majority of the week at school tracking down scripts from Schoolhouse Rock LIVE! For those that have directed an Music Theatre International (MTI) show before, you know that MTI doesn’t play around when it comes to returning items. If you return a box with one page less than what was received three months earlier, be prepared to fork out most of your budget in penalties. I was constantly talking with cast members trying to find the last two scripts. Nevertheless, by Thursday, I had found all the pieces and shipped the box out the next day. And to my surprise, all my hair is still brown.