- We were given a night out at the Sewing for Dreams Dinner & Fashion Gala on Sunday night. This is an annual event put on by some church friends of ours that benefits St. Jude. We had a marvelous time and even walked away with a few items from the silent auction.
- During our 4.5 days at home, we were able to catch up on some housecleaning projects that have unfortunately been thrown to the backburner. Pine needles were raked/bagged, items were bought at Lowe’s, and we had a beautifully clean house when we returned. Points for proactivity!
- Our Thanksgiving break with our families was good for this old soul’s heart. We saw so many family members and enjoyed our time with all of them. Wednesday and Thursday saw us in Decatur with Becca’s side of the family where we competed in a Cornhole tournament (neither of us won). Thursday through Friday found us in Adamsville where we saw Mom and Dad’s newly remodeled den and enjoyed our new family tradition of playing Catch Phrase (both teams came out with a win).
- I have always avoided Black Friday shopping for obvious reasons. But when Mom’s 6-year old Christmas tree only had 7 working lights, I was out of options. We headed to Lowe’s in the middle of the day and found modest crowds and great deals on nice trees. We found a great tree and had it partially decorated by the time we left on Saturday.
- For most of the break, neither of us slept well. Perhaps it was because we weren’t in our own bed and traveling a lot. Naps helped, but a good night’s rest is essential for the energy needed for the day. Let’s hope this busy week ahead provides the rest we need for the marathon leading to Christmas vacation.