- This weekend saw the wrapping up of my first show here at FACS. Despite a few mishaps here and there, the show went on and I have received positive comments. The Thursday night crowd was bigger than I expected and I was happy to see both my administrators show up to support the students. The kids worked so well and surprised me with a sweet card and gift card to The Cheesecake Factory!
- THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IS OVER.
- I was happy to see Republicans maintain control of Congress last Tuesday night. Although there is no guarantee of smooth sailing in Washington D.C. with President-elect Trump, I expect to be smoother than if Hillary Clinton had won the presidency.
- Daylight Savings Time came not a moment too soon. The extra hour of sleep is appreciated. Although I tend to appreciate longer days than nights, the earlier darkness is helping us wind down a bit quicker from the day, which keeps us from going to bed too late.
- While I very much enjoyed watching the election results play out on Tuesday night, the day after was not nearly as fun. Going to bed (finally) at 1:15 a.m. is not a good thing for a teacher. I am proposing that we shouldn’t get Election Day off, but the day after…since we’re all pretty much suffering from a political hangover the next morning.
- The unrest that came from election day results is very troubling. I would say that it will pass over soon, but let’s remember that President-elect Trump won’t get inaugurated for another 2 months, so we’ve got a long way to go. How I pray for peace in this uncertain time.