- I can once again commend Governor Bill Haslam for placing party over principle. In the wake of Donald Trump’s most recent behavior, he has called on the Republican nominee to drop out and allow Mike Pence to step in as the nominee. I’ve always been proud of our state’s governor and he hasn’t let me down.
- The whole family (minus Natalie) came in last Monday and we worked on our house from sun-up to sun-down. We painted doors, painted shutters, picked up pine needles, furnished another bedroom, hung curtains, and plethora of other activities. I am so thankful to have a family who will use their day off to help my wife and I make our house a home.
- I finally found a candidate that I can support. Evan McMullin of Utah is an independent candidate that has a legitimate strategy to winning the presidency (check it out here). It’s quite the long shot, but it’s the most realistic strategy I’ve heard from a minor party/no party candidate throughout this entire cycle.
- Babylove and I went to Babies ‘R Us on Saturday and created Reagan’s baby registry. I was in absolute shock at the price of some of these items. I also thought the list given to us was a little obnoxious and hardly more than a way for Babies ‘R Us to make money. Nevertheless, we had a fun time and look forward to creating her nursery in the coming months.
- Another presidential debate.
- Tennessee took a beating against Alabama last Saturday. It was a rough game to watch, especially considering the amount of players from our starting line out. I hope the rest of the season goes well for us (which I expect).
- Despite having Monday off, last week was ungodly long. Maybe it was because of the day off, but every single work day last week seemed to just drag on and on. The students were definitely feeling it too. Getting all of us to stay on task was much harder than it should have been. We were all so excited for that 3:00 bell on Friday and couldn’t wait to get home.