- Labor Day was welcomed with open arms two weekends ago. We spent it in Adamsville where we got our fair share of the river and extended family. After an absolutely beautiful day on the river, we made a stop in Hooker’s Bend (a “suburb” of Saltillo, TN) where we got to hang out with some extended family members that I don’t see very often. It was a joy to see lots of them again.
- We wrapped up the first month of the school year last Friday. I am absolutely astonished at how fast this school year is going, and I hope it doesn’t slow down!
- We got the news on Friday that we will be closing on our house a week early! In other words, we’ll sign the paperwork and a big ol’ check this Friday!! We are so excited to begin moving into our new home.
- We were able to enjoy a double-date with some friends on Saturday night in Jackson. We left Jackson MUCH LATER than anticipated, but we have a swell time.
- With a new jobs, a house, and a child on the way, you’d think that the Brashers would want to slow down and relax a little bit. “No! says I! Just last Wednesday, I secured the adoption of another furry friend to add to our home. Our purebred Siberian Husky puppy will come join us as soon as we’re in our new house (pictures soon to come)!
- The Battle at Bristol on Saturday night was anything but disappointing. Tennessee played a great game and we were able to watch it with some great friends.
- Trying to find enough monologues for my 31 eighth graders is difficult. I was trying to avoid doubling up on monologues within the same class, but I think I’m out of options.
- Preparing for auditions is a lot more taxing on the body and brain that I had originally thought. It’s only a one-act play, but making sure I have all the necessary components for the audition is a tad bit overwhelming.
- Miscommunication can often-times give you a good kick in the pants. This happened over the weekend with a family member and I hate how it played out. The last thing I ever want to do is hurt someone’s feelings and when it does happen, it hurts me too. Thankfully, it’s all been resolved now. However, the whole process just made me feel like scum.