- The Olympics have begun! I have been waiting all summer for these and I’m so glad they are finally here. Since the usualy reality shows we watch (DWTS, The Bachelor[ette], etc.) aren’t on right now and Once Upon a Time has not updated on Netflix, we have to search to find something we both enjoy. The Olympics are perfect.
- Becca began her new job last Monday and although it’s been an exhausting first week, she’s done a marvelous job.
- I spent a couple of days in my own classroom last week preparing for the upcoming year. I did have to take down a few things that were…pink…but it wasn’t all that bad. I have gotten a good start on planning for one of my classes, and the other two shouldn’t be much different. Definitely looking forward to starting the year off well!
- During some inservice, I went with her to the Desoto County Schools Central Office in Hernando on Tuesday. While she was in meetings, I found time to peruse around the quaint little town and came upon the Desoto County Museum in which I spent a good hour or so researching some of the county’s history.
- Election Day has come and gone for most of Tennessee. While most of my preferred candidates did not win, Tennessee managed to score a few good victories (Diane Black, David Kustoff, Marsha Blackburn, etc.). I hope everyone took the time to vote, even if you didn’t vote for the ones I suggested 😉
- Somehow or another, Scott DeJerlais manages to win re-election every year despite his very open disregard for the Republican platform. He had quite a formidable challenger this year, but Grant Starrett was not quite able to garner up enough support. Let’s hope 2018 is a little kinder to that district.
- This was my last week of summer. I managed to get quite a few things done around the house and tie up some loose ends before the school year started, but nonetheless, school is back in session and my attention must be drawn to it.