Today’s edition of Wins & Losses comes to you from the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains where I find myself on a man’s hiking trip with my in-laws! Now, for a look back at the week that was…
- My good friend, Daniel Joyner, advanced to the live show of America’s Got Talent last week. He performed an incredible rendition of “Feelin’ Good” and had that crowd shredded before the climax of the song. I’m so proud of him and can’t wait to vote for him in the weeks ahead!
- A week at home was something we’d been looking forward to for a long time. We did manage to be productive, but it was good to not have any pressing responsibilities during the week.
- Friday evening found us at Theatre Memphis where we were able to catch a Judy Garland-themed cabaret show performed by the executive director of TM. The show was such a treat and it was nice to catch up with some theatre friends while there.
- It was extra-hot this week in Memphis.
- It was quite frustrating on Friday to arrive in Becca’s classroom only to find it in a complete mess from those who had pulled out the contents of a storage closet and threw those contents on the floor. Music textbooks from as far back as 1985 were in there and we were now responsible for cleaning them up and organizing them. Also, there were bugs everywhere. It’s very difficult to sympathize with Shelby County Schools when things like that happen in one of their neighborhood schools. Unacceptable.