- I was humbled and blessed to be ordained into the ministry on Sunday night (7/10) by my home church here in Memphis. This is something I’ve wanted for quite a while, and I’m so happy that my church honored my request and blessed my ministry.
- We got some furniture for our bedroom FOR FREE on Sunday. It is just what we needed and gave our room a bit more color.
- My fourth year of UU Summer Music Camp has come and gone. This year, I stepped into a new role as I headed up the World Drumming class. I wasn’t sure how well I would do as a clinician, but I most certainly had a blast and the kids performed so well. It was also super-nice to be back in Jackson for a week.
- My 24th birthday was well-spent. I was treated to breakfast at Cracker Barrell, Tennessee Vols argyle socks, and a few hours on the river with the fam.
- On the evening of my birthday, Becca and I attended the wedding of my high school best friend, Miranda. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and it did my heart good to see her tie the knot with a man she has grown to love so much. I have never seen a person wait so patiently for the one God had ordained for them before the beginning of time.
- As fun and rewarding as music camp is, the afernoons when it all wrapped up were exhausting. Between the 35-minute classes without breaks and remembering all the names of 100 children, naps were a common theme in the afternoons.
- There was not a lot of down time during the week, which left us a little on edge. Let’s just say we had to practice lots of grace for one another.