- I have developed a new TV addiction with Dancing with the Stars. I followed it well during one season when I was in high school, but my attention dropped off quickly. Now that Jodie Sweetin is on there (and doing well), Becca and I get to enjoy it every Monday night.
- We picked up our Blu Ray+DVD of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens on Tuesday. A sweet lady from our church found out about our Star Wars fandom and pre-ordered the movie and several Disney-certified photos for us. It was such a kind gesture and we’ve enjoyed it immensely.
- Ya boy made it on the NAfME conference promo video this past week. I guess it’s what I get for being animated. I wonder if they’ll give me a discount for this year’s conference since I am contributing to their cause…
- We got to attend Collierville High School’s production of Jekyll & Hyde on Saturday night. As a huge fan of the show and having never seen it live, I was a vary happy camper.
- Carrie Underwood’s The Storyteller Tour began ticket sales this week and she’s scheduled a date for Memphis in November! Oh, how I hope this works out!
- R&R time during the week found me finishing one book and starting another. I finished reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (super sad ending) and began re-reading The Shack, a book I read during my junior year of high school.
- Becca developed and was diagnosed with mono on Thursday this past week. The poor thing has just been pitiful and hardly able to do anything besides sleep. I think I’m starting to get a sense of what it feels like for a parent to care for a sick child. It just kills me seeing her feeling like this. Pray that she’s well enough for our Louisville trip this weekend.
- Joe Carr announced his candidacy…again…to run for Congress. This poor man cannot come to grips with the fact that he will never be elected to anything outside of his state House district.