- This week saw a few more Into the Woods rehearsals, including our first run-thru. For never having played this show in its complete entirety, I was quite please with how it went. It’s such a great thing to work with people that know what they are doing.
- The Iowa caucuses are over with. Ted Cruz came out with a strong finish and my candidate (Marco Rubio) finished in a strong third place. I am hoping this dampens Donald Trump’s ego a little bit.
- With that, we also saw a dwindling of the Republican field of candidates. Although the candidates were low-polling ones, any additional help to Marco Rubio is appreciated!
- Tennessee beat Kentucky in a great basketball game on Tuesday night (I didn’t get to watch it, but I kept up with every score!).
- I may have an opportunity to get directly involved with another political campaign now that U.S. Representative Stephen Fincher is retiring from Congress. Stay tuned for further updates.
- Unfortunately, Marco Rubio was not prepared for the GOP debate on Saturday night. He should have known that those candidates (ahem…Chris Christie) were going to come after him, and it bit him in the butt early on in the debate.
- Speaking of the debate, Carly Fiorina was left out of this particular debate and ABC got what they deserved. This was an awful debate, and there is no doubt that Carly would have brought some life to it had she been invited.
- What we thought was going to be a nice dessert showcase (free tix courtesy of Uncle Clint) turned out to be a trashy, stinky, and rude gathering of crazies at the Fitz Casino and Hotel on Saturday. The small sampling of desserts was nice, but we were gone within an hour of arriving. I knew I should have just taken people at their word when they described Tunica.