I change my mind a lot. It must be due to my ridiculously small attention span. I have a favorite store for a few months, discover a new one, and re-establish that place as my new favorite. This past weekend was an event such as that.
I had an audition in Nashville on Saturday morning. After painfully searching for Rocketown and going through the audition, I had all day to spare. I met up with Kailyn and we had lunch at a cute little restaurant. I went to the Steinway Piano Gallery (my favorite music store) to play a little bit. Then, Kailyn told me about a place called McKay’s Used Books & CD’s I was told that I would spend hours in there. Not being an avid casual reader, I doubted that. However, I decided to stop by.
OH. MY. GOSH.
This is the most incredible bookstore I have ever visited. They have over 100,000 books on virtually every subject you can imagine. The second floor has three walls lined with music of every genre you can think up. There is even a vinyl record section!
Now, you’re probably wondering what I got since I talk to highly the place. Well, I got:
- Broadway Stories (a behind-the-curtain look at the technicalities of a Broadway show) $0.75
- Ganzl’s Book of the Broadway Musical (75 favorite shows from H.M.S. Pinafore to Sunset Boulevard) $6.00
- Theatre: The Lively Art (a textbook for a college theatre class that I got for casual reading and independent study) $4.00
- Hairspray (2007 movie NEVER OPENED) $3.00
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat $12.00
- Meet Me in St. Louis (a Judy Garland classic) $14.00
- Showstoppers! (a 3-CD set of the best Broadway songs of all time) $9.00
I proudly admit it. I am a theatre dork. See why it’s incredible? Exit 199 on your way to Nashville off I-40!